Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Showtime!

It is now Tuesday night. We have done all the building we will do, we’ve had our last great meal from Rosa, we’ve distributed all the small gifts we brought, we’ve seen the kids for the last time, and we’re almost out of time for group fellowship. I’ve really enjoyed building new friendships and have especially liked being around my old youth minister and basketball coach again. Interacting with Jonathan and John respectively in a setting like this was something I didn’t think I’d ever get to do again. Right now I really just want to enjoy this final time with the team (instead of updating the blog) but I know I’ll want to record some memories while they are still fresh in my mind. I’m going to list items and anyone can ask for more or the story.

• Everyone whistling/humming the song by Rabito from the performance in El Carrizo
• Showtime, Rebar, and Ray Mysterio
• Oie’s simple but great devotions
• Poor Gringo Espanol
• That’s what she said
• Being given the responsibility to drive as one of the youngest on the trip
• Witnessing so many kind acts (a card for Ginger, prayers for Gerardo and Susan, the kids doing nice things for each other, and many other small acts of kindness)
• Playing Honduran vs. gringo futbol
• Jonathan’s microphone
• Greg’s Maxi Bodega voice
• Alexi’s artful assistance to Pastor Juan Manuel tuning Concha’s guitar
• Geoff riding his chopper down the streets of Limon de la Circa
• The brothers Clary
• Jose speaking Inglese to Hondurans and Spanish to us because we made him switch so much
• Sarah receiving eye drops for conjunctivitis that Ben and Jose invented
• The fact that Jose couldn’t tell which two team members were ministers (in a good way)
• Mark slicing block while straddling the highest point of the wall
• Lin being stopped by Alexi after laying block over the doorway
• Jess and her 9 packs of Cheetos

Chase

4 comments:

  1. Memories of a lifetime Chase. I look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I have said many times,Chase your life is now changed forever. If you have done it unto me you have done it unto the least of these. You also now know as you probably knew anyway the precious friends we have at our church. I cannot wait to talk to all of you. I am so proud of all we have accomplished in Honduras through our Lord. Oie as I already knew you were a great team leader. You probably realized just watching me all those years was training for whoever was kind enough to lay their spirit and soul before these precious people. Somebody make sure to get my guitar as I am starring in a show on Saturday night with Greg Flowers at church. If you see me you may never be the same again!
    I can't wait to see yall. Be safe and I love you in the Lord.

    Bobo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach It, Gregorio!

    God Bless you my brotherrrrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I HATE i missed all the "that's what she said"'s !!!

    ReplyDelete